Friday, October 29, 2010

Where did October go?

October is almost gone. Tomorrow night is trick-or-treating. I've been warned to expect mass hysteria. Apparently our neighborhood is a breeding machine and there are a lot of kids, and those kids bring their friends, and then some people come who don't even live here. ...gulp.

As I was saying, Halloween is almost here, which means October will be over. We have two pumpkins on the front porch and some ghost stickers on our front door. That's it. We didn't do Halloween this year. It just was forgotten amidst swimming, soccer, piano, soccer, church stuff, and soccer. That's sad.

For the first time I really feel like our extra-curricular activities are too much.

In other news, Wyatt is now a rolling machine and daily knocks his noggin against something hard, causing him to wail. He seems more content though. No teeth yet but he's really good at rolling his "r's". Not that he talks but he will be able to say, "Rrrrrrufffles, have rrrrrridges" really well when he's older. It's really cute. His tongue is quite talented. He's the only child who can curl his tongue and roll his r's. Though Aidan is showing a great interest in speaking spanish and he tries really hard to copy the accent. I think he'll get the whole trilling his r's thing soon enough. Wyatt just beat him to it.

Oh, and Wyatt is 7 months old today and he wears 18 month old clothes. oh help.

Aidan is enjoying school immensely. He has become a pro at coloring within the lines though he still pushes the envelope with his creativity. There will be no box containing this child. For school, he was asked to color a paper feather like a turkey feather. Well, he colored that feather with gusto, staying within the lines, but he didn't want to do a turkey. He wanted to color a peacock feather instead. So, there was a big blue dot in the middle. No box for him, no sir.

Camden is now officially a cub scout and selling popcorn as a fundraiser is right up his alley. This kid might be a salesman some day...or just really annoying....just kidding! He is so enthusiastic and fearless. He's never known fear. Shy is not a word in his dictionary.

As for me...who me? I exist? I'm not sure sometimes. I feel like a live in a small country called "my home", where I am ruled by dictators and slave drivers...and I'm the one who created this environment in the first place! sheesh. Wyatt makes me laugh everyday. Aidan is pretty helpful around the house, Camden is doing great in school and sports and piano, and Nathan is still loving his job. I really can't complain...ok, maybe a little bit. I really need to invest in some more girl time. Date nights. and just alone time. grocery shopping by myself is heaven.

Next up, November. With numerous YW activities, school conferences, lessons galore, and a national holiday coming up...it promises to be a busy month.

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

it's so crazy, but like my "elders" always tell me, one day you will miss all of this! They say you will, I wouldn't know, but it's what they say! At least all the crazy things are GOOD crazy things! ;)