Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Playing catch up






In the past month, I feel like every day last forever yet flies by at the same time. Since my last post about Wyatt's birthday, nothing extrordinary has happened. No fun trips or parties. Just the everyday mundane tasks of doctor appointments, trying to clean my house before Watt systematically destroys it, being a referee and a nurse.

My poor Aidan had his tonsils removed, had his adenoids removed for the second time, and had his third set of ear tubes place. He was never sick because of his adenoids or tonsils but he had sleep apnea because at night they would block his nasal passage and airway. His recovery at the surgical center was less than ideal. He just gets sick from the anesthesia and it honestly broke my heart. He would mew, "Moooommmmy! It huuuuurts!" It was all I could do from sobbing. Watching my little one in pain and confusion made me feel completely helpless and raw because I couldn't help him. I could encourage him to take his tylenol and drink sprite but I couldn't make his pain go away or make him understand that this moment was only temporary.

He kept throwing up throughout the day because of the anesthetic but he really didn't have much pain once he was home. Now we're just dealing with constipation issues from,....can you guess? The Anesthetic!! Good times. Poor guy. He's nauseous and acting puny. I'm pumping him full of apple juice, gummy fibers, miralax, and as much liquid as possible. I'm afraid he's going to explode once he does have a bowel movement, but hopefully he'll feel better afterwards.

On top of a sick boy, there's just the day to day stuff of sporting events and piano lessons for Camden, dance lessons and soccer for Cohen, and violin lessons and soccer for Aidan. Phew!

My sister has been gone for 10 days, and is coming home tonite thank goodness, so I've had four boys terrorizing my house and I am ready for a break. Nate and I go to Chicago for two days on the 13th and I am counting down the days.

Wyatt is still not walking but we are expecting it any day. He cruises along furniture and walls like a pro and crawls as fast as lightening.

Our one point of big news is that we are thiiiiiis close to putting an offer in on a house. I'll post pics and details as they are forthcoming but this time next month we could be moving!! YIKES!



No comments: