Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Camden George Springer

My Camden-man was the most perfect baby. He never had ear infections or was allergic to milk. He slept through the night at four months, would make me laugh until my cheeks hurt, and was the biggest cuddle bug in the entire world.

He is also so beautiful...but I may have a mother's bias on that one. He is so loving and helpful to me around the house. He loves connecting with Nate through sports, ie golfing, playing soccer, watching soccer on t.v., playing FIFA World Cup Soccer on the Wii, etc. He definitely shows love through service. He is always doing secretive little nice things for us. When Nate's parents come spend the night, he'll leave a chocolate on their pillows like at a hotel.

Camden is also amazing with Wyatt. He plays with him and entertains him and can get him out of his crib for me in the morning. ... He was gone for a whole week in July and I realized how much I relied on him to help me out. And he never complains about it either.

Camden loves playing with friends. He has to be doing something all the time but he's also a great reader and can sit for hours immersed in a great story. He's read all 7 Harry Potter's, almost all Roald Dahl's concoctions, and is now on the Redwall series. It's actually been a little tough finding books for him to read because while he's only going into 3rd grade; he reads at a 7th grade level but older books can contain mature elements that I don't want him exposed to yet.

I can't believe I'm the mother of a nine year old! I can't believe I'm that old and I can't believe how fast the years have flown by that my sweet first born has turned into a true blue boy.

Camden we are so proud of you for being such a good person. You taught me how to love someone so unconditionally and so fully that my heart has wanted to burst.

Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

When he gets off his mission, can I send Isabelle for a visit? ;)

Emily said...

no problem. ;)