Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mommy's Little Punk






Wyatt is a complicated baby. He is so beautiful and makes the best scrunchy faces, along with some pouty-lip lamaze breathing sounds...get that? He's crawling like a fiend and pulls himself up on everything...I mean e.ver.y.thing. It's actually kinda annoying. But then he smiles at me or crawls over and pulls on my pant leg wanting to be picked up and I've forgiven him. Until he does whatever thing again.

This morning I was enjoying a rare snuggle moment with him. He had his little arm wrapped around my neck and was squishing his cheek next to mine. Then he turned his cute little mouth towards me and proceeded to "kiss" (aka slobber) my cheek...or so I thought. Until I felt kinda sticky and realized that he was just using me as a human tissue to wipe the snot off of his face. awesome.

We finally found a baby gate that works at the top of the stairs so I don't feel paranoid about him tumbling to his death but now I just have to make sure he doesn't go under the computer to unplug it OR push the speakers off the entertainment center, that last one is his favorite past time. he thinks it's a game. lovely. OR licking the bottom of any shoe that he can find OR crawling into the bathroom and licking the base of the toilet. ewwww! The older boys now call the toilet Wyatt's girlfriend cuz he's always trying to kiss it. nice.

He's just a little stinker, who's become quite a handful, and has the ability to melt my heart in .2 milliseconds. Basically, he's perfect.

2 comments:

acte gratuit said...

Awesome!
I think Gray is licking a shoe right now...

Kristi said...

My kids like to lick each other, and I thought that was gross. Now I'm thankful that they aren't licking the toilet. I think that's the grossest thing I've heard all day! Until now it was "Ew, I got Baxter's wiener germs on me!"