Monday, November 14, 2011

Halloween

Pretty intimidating, huh?

I know you're scared now

This is the "I'm bored" shot 
Ready to take candy from strangers

Moooom? Are we done yet?!

I have no idea why Camden always pops his knee out when I tell him to pose

Wyatt was a frog instead of superman because it was warmer

He wasn't too fond of the stroller but we kept giving him suckers  and he lasted for 1.5 hrs.


I definitely don't like trick or treating on a school night. When we lived in Hilliard, they always called it Beggar's Night and would move it to a Friday or Saturday. It was always simple. But this year it was on Monday  night, aka Halloween. Dover Schools had an inservice that day so school was cancelled so that meant kids were home all day getting jazzed about everything and the day seemed to last for an eternity. Then Nate didn't get home until 6:15pm, which left me solo to get everyone ready, fed dinner, costumed up and out the door. Needless to say, I could have been Grumpy the Dwarf for Halloween. But it turned out all right in the end. The kids had a great time. They loaded their orange and black halloween buckets up with candy, and trekked all over the neighborhood.

Nathan bought the kids' candy last year and we repeated that this year. They could choose to keep 20-30 pieces and then he took the rest to work. It works nicely for all involved. :p

Now, Thanksgiving is almost here and then comes Christmas and I'm so not ready for that yet. 

No comments: